Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Memories at the Piston Jammers Panty Raid 2016

I had the pleasure of seeing an incredible variety of street rods, rat rods, customs, classics, and just outright badass rides at the Piston Jammers Car Club Panty Raid 2016 in Lambertville, MI! 

Me and my special guy (Rob) met up with our local friends from the Rebel Rousers and Highway Hellions Car Clubs, here in the Ashland, OH area.  The group of us all pitched tents after the main car show and we readied ourselves for the flame throwing rides and after party. And an after party it was!! 

I had the privilege of meeting some awesome assholes (I say that with love) that we look forward to seeing again. Was introduced to some of the gear heads of the Voodoo Kings Kustom CC in Illinois, Lucky Aces Car Club of Toledo, OH, and of course, the fabulous hosts of the show, the Piston Jammers CC!!! I ran into the beautiful Red Vixen too and her non profit. But forgot to get a pic of us.  
The trip home was pretty freaking fantastic and most memorable for me! My good friend Jim Roepke of the Rebel Rousers Car Club knew I needed some hot rod therapy. After breakfast on Sunday morning, I climbed in the passenger seat of his chopped blue coupe (see image above) and rode 1/2 the way back to Ashland, OH in this ride while he hauled a vintage teardrop trailer. 

In the group with us were Mike Wiles and his wife, Vickie. Vickie was driving the family car with their daughter, while Mike and Roepke toyed around a bit. Rob also followed the these two rides in the caravan of car enthusiasts. 

At a mid point we stopped off at an ice cream stand that was shaped like a giant soft serve vanilla cone. I'm not usually an ice cream type of gal, but I couldn't say no to this experience... Plus everyone else was eating it and we already pigged out at a greasy spoon 'all you can eat' breakfast buffet. What's a little ice cream?!?! 

Thinking I'd be climbing back in the truck with Rob, I hear my name being shuffled about. "Time to swap her out!" Is what I swore I heard. Normally that would be engine talk in the garage, but I had a feeling this wasn't the case. And it wasn't. 

I was getting to sit along side Mike Wiles with the Highway Hellions Car Club in his badass chopped rod.... I had Ohhhh my gawd! This ride! I admitted this was one of my favorite rides at the last several car kulture and club shows. To be able to sit in the passenger seat and toy around with Roepke was priceless! 

The entire experience of this event was one I'll never forget! It goes down in my books as one of then,last fun and memorable times I can recall with the people I call my gear head family. This event and show were the inspiration to my "Kandi's Pick" award I created for the Rebel Rousers Rumble.

 Looking forward to having a ride or two in next years show! A must to have on your car adventure lists!



No comments:

Post a Comment