Tuesday, October 31, 2017

A Dragstrip Dream

I have literally waited my whole life for this! Those of you that know my story know that  in the summer of 1979 I was conceived at the original Dragway 42. By the time I was four years old I was taking my wood blocks and making hot rod shops and drag strips out of them.  I would race my hot wheels cars on the dragstrip, and put them in my wood block garage so I could fix them. Couple years later I started steeling my mom's nail polishes so I could make SS stripes and cool additions onto the cars. Couple more years later and I got to restore my first banana seat bike. My dad taught me how to take it from the ugly and rusted yellow paint, and I prepared it so he could make it hot pink. I was a track baby. Born a gearhead. The one thing I always dreamed about when I was a little girl up at the track, was that one day I would have my very own hot rod shop, and one day my hot rod shop would be seen at the dragstrip. Here I am. ~ Kandi

No comments:

Post a Comment