Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Hello Once Again

Kandi Blaze & Capt Rob McCrea
Image by Frazees Photostash
 Life has changed in so many ways since I last visited my blog. Writing was placed on the back burner as I witnessed the birth of my first grand baby, married my best friend, watched my pinstriping mentor and dear friend be placed in the earth. I gained new friends, closed the door on others, and began listening to my heart once more.

2019 will undoubtedly bring its challenges, but with that comes goals, adventures, and a variety of incredible news and upcoming events.

I started the year off with a new and improved heart monitor to get this suspected electrical issue worked out. My quality of life has regressed rather drastically with my heart the last twelve to sixteen months, but a new cardiologist that is seeking all the data we can get is where we start. We know of several of the current issues, and with a little more understanding and a lot more data, we might be able to progress with my health, or at least the heart, and then focus on the immune and rheumatoid arthritis. There is hope. Rob has given me so much hope at a healthier future.
image by Johnboy Ulman - Dragway 42

The first day of 2019 started out with the annual Dragway 42 Hangover Nationals! No better way to start the year than with drag racing in Ohio! It was a cold one at approx 36° for the high,  turnover no where near the bitterness of last years with a high of 4°.

Kandi’s Kustoms Hot Rod Shop had the honor of making the class trophies for the event. They were a huge hit among racers and spectators alike.

I hope this year to be able to dedicate a little more time to my writing, while enjoying other opportunities like cohosting and emceeing events across several states. Among other things, there will be more time at the track with the Nova having a big block transplant done and in the final stages of prepping for her new paint.

Last but not least, stay tuned for additional writings here, in Wicked Women Magazine, and in many other places.

Kandi


No comments:

Post a Comment