Friday, September 8, 2017

The Majestic Seagrave


Here she sits in my hot rod shop. Majestic! The 1928 Seagrave fire truck in front of the Kandi's Kustoms banner, with my Highway Hellions car club patch jacket hanging on the ladder.

This beautiful piece of antique automotive history also holds an incredible amount of sentimental value to many locals, including myself, but especially firefighters and their families. Once again, I am extremely honored to volunteer my time to clean and detail this phenomenal machine and ready her for the Rebel Rousers Rumble this weekend at the old Ashland Armory.

My love goes deep for the history of firefighters, especially with my dad, Ken Cooper (1942-2009) and my brother, Jeff Cooper, both whom served on the Polk Fire Dept many moons ago. And now, for nearly 2 years, I have lived with and been the companion and life partner to an incredible firefighter, Rob McCrea.
I'm humbled to have known these men and been a part of all their lives. They are my heroes! ❤️🔥🚒
Earlier this year I had the privilege of writing an article for the Ashland Times-Gazette on this 1928 Seagrave Firetruck from the Ashland Fire Local 1386.
Here is the link to my article in the TG if you'd like learn more about the Seagrave.
http://www.times-gazette.com/sports/20170207/ashlands-1928-seagrave-firetruck-wonderful-piece-of-history

No comments:

Post a Comment