Sunday, January 26, 2020

My Cage (poetry)

Kandi Blaze - Image by Frazees Photo Stash 

“My Cage”

I often wonder what it is I am hiding from? Why I allow copious amounts of fear to consume me. With death I have become far too logical and comfortable for most to bare listening. I find conversations about our mortality to be rather delightful. The more I think about my demise, the fuller I feel to life and living it.

What am I running from? The tingles in the base of my skull turn to my pores excreting sweat, as my heart skips beats and pounds rapidly. I can feel each beat thumping in the pit of my stomach and in the sockets of my eyes. It’s eating me alive.

Everyday the feeling haunts me, it rears it’s rage. A feeling of failure keeps me locked up in my own cage.

©️ Kandi Blaze

Image and design by Frazees photo stash - Jason Frazee. I absolutely love working with Jason, and this set was exceptionally interesting and artistic. The set is an artfully done nude series of images to reflect the soul, the rawness, and maturity of life.  We did a few different styles that day and several of the images I felt compelled to write a short and expressive story or poem with.
Thank you for being a fan of my page and following my adventures in life. I hope you enjoy these images and some of my writings.
Xoxo,
Kandi

No comments:

Post a Comment